Lean Enterprise Webinar
Many organizations have embraced Lean and Six Sigma to achieve and sustain excellence. The goal has been to provide customer satisfaction and also minimize 3 key issues (7 types of Waste, Inconsistency, and Overburden) to have a positive impact on the bottom line. This requires skilled Leaders and an empowered workforce that are very agile in being effective and efficient.
What You’ll Be Introduced To
- History of Lean (i.e. origins in the USA, Toyota Production System, Quick Response).
- Some Lean approaches to better understand what is really going on in their processes and use Lean concepts to improve the value-added and reduce non-value added activities (wastes) associated with producing and delivering their products and services.
- Examples are Kaizen, Gemba Walks, Standard Work, Visual Factory Management, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, 7 forms of Waste, Mistake-Proofing, Cycle Time Reduction, Just in Time, Kanban, Total Productive Maintenance.
Why You Want to Learn It
One of the challenges for many professionals is understanding your current environment, developing strategies, and determining what tactics to implement in order to better control and improve your operations. Having a Lean Mindset is key to achieving this.
How it Will Help You
Making choices is a part of life and companies value Change Agents that make a positive difference. By determining which Lean principles are applicable to your organization, you will become more adept in leading initiatives to improve performance.
January 14, 2022
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Free Online Webinar
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Mark Lindsey has over 35 years of hands-on experience in multiple industries (Aerospace, Telecommunications, Machine Shops, Amusement Parks) developing QMS and implementing TQM, Six Sigma, and the Toyota Production System/Lean (TPS). He has been serving in a variety of technical leadership roles internally and with customers and suppliers. He has traveled on assignments throughout the Americas and Euro Asia.
During the last 20 years he has served on the Education Committee of the American Society of Quality (ASQ) Orange Empire Section where is an instructor for many of the ASQ Certification Preparation Courses (i.e. Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma, Quality Auditor, Manager of Quality & Organizational Excellence, Supplier Quality Professional, Quality Inspector/Technician).
Mark has been working for 17+ years in the Amusement Park Industry as a Principal Engineer supporting Safety, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Supplier Management to sustain Attractions/Rides and has received multiple peer awards. He is an adjunct Professor at CSUF teaching Quality and Project Management for the last 7+ years and received the Part-Time Instructor of the Year Award. In addition, he provides training and consulting to clients of various training organizations such as CMTC.
- Quality Management Systems
- TQM – Six Sigma
- Lean Enterprise / TPS
- ASQ Certifications Training (CQE, CSSBB, CQA, CMQ-OE, CSQP, CQI/CQT)
- Supply Chain Management
- Root Cause Analysis
- AIAG Core Tools (APQP, Control Plans, FMEA, MSA, SPC, Process Capabilities, PPAP)
- MBA – International Business
- BS – Industrial/Engineering Technology
- AS – Electronics
- Senior Member – American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Member – Society for Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- Member -Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Committee Member – Measurement Science Conference
- Adjunct Faculty – California State University Fullerton (CSUF)
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Manager of Quality & Organizational Excellence (CMQ-OE)